Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha [WN] - Chapter 173

Chapter 173
How to Receive Love

"That's really not something worth praising..."

"Ugh... ...I'm sorry. I understand I shouldn't have done that, but I couldn't take my eyes off them..."

"...I can't stop them either."

Sasaki-san couldn't help but be curious when she saw this for the first time in her life, and Ichinose-san did have common sense but it wasn't strong enough to stop them.

There's not much we can do here to follow up on this situation, as some of us have already peeked into someone's love confession scene. If the two of them hadn't sought her out in the first place, perhaps she wouldn't have been so distressed, right? Does being cruel like that mean I can't read a girl's heart? How can I install the Girl's Heart Dictionary in my electronic dictionary?

"So, Yuki-chan, is this the first time you've witnessed the scene of Sasaki's confession from afar? Have you never watched a similar scene from afar before?"

"Why do you assume that I watched it from afar? The only thing I can catch is her voice."

Isn't that what we used to call eavesdropping...?

Come to think of it, that's right. The means to spy on Sasaki in the form of a video form was quite limited. There were only three options, namely: operating a small drone, or putting the camera on a pen or something in his shirt pocket, or putting the camera in advance in a place where Sasaki is likely to move. This was very difficult indeed. What on earth was I just thinking? Isn't this cool?

"...There have been many girls who have confessed to Big Bro before. The last time was when he was in middle school."

"It feels a bit different from witnessing it with your own eyes, is that what you mean?"

"No, that's not what I mean."

"Eh...?"

"Before, Big Bro usually rejected it right away. "Because I want to focus on soccer," or something like that. I think the reason he really wanted to do that was because I was there."

I'm sure he really wanted to focus on soccer.

The more I hear about this, the more I realize that this situation is indeed different from what happened to Ichinose-san. In terms of the gravity of the offense, I mean. Is there any way to follow up on this? If I had to say anything, I would say that Sasaki's reaction was a bit chaotic. Yuki-chan may not know this, but I don't understand why Sasaki's face is red when she harbors feelings for Natsukawa.

Impossible, is it possible that Natsukawa is the girl who confessed to him...?

No, wait a minute, calm down, I'm not gonna die here. That's not possible. After all, I just met Natsukawa in the South Building when I was looking for Sasaki. So it's chronologically impossible, and I don't think Natsukawa would neglect her own duties in order to do something like that. I did intend to lead Sasaki to be a really good boy and hook up with Natsukawa of my own accord in order to reduce the damage to my heart, but I wasn't mentally prepared for that at all. I felt like I was going to be sick.

"...Bleh."

"Um... ...Sajou-kun?"

"Your skin looks much paler than Yuki-chan's, you know..."

"It's nothing, though..."

No, I probably felt hurt at the wrong time. What's with this self-destruction of mine? My voice is a little hoarse. The damage to my heart is too great, haha. What am I doing in a luxurious situation where I can sit between these two girls?

"Hmm..."

As I thought about it without including Natsukawa in my mind, and compared it to what I heard from Yuki-chan, that Sasaki seemed a bit different from the Sasaki I knew. At least, this time he's not a hot-blooded boy who devotes all his energy to soccer. To me, Sasaki is an annoying counterweight. Not just in terms of his sport and study, but also in terms of his standing in our class, and how much he's accomplished.

"...Maybe that's the difference in consciousness between that guy back when he was in middle school and that guy now."

"...Eh?"

"For example... ...That's right. What would Sasaki-san and Yuki-chan do if a boy from nowhere confessed his feelings for you at a time like this?"

"E-Eh!?"

As girls, I'm sure they both love to talk about love. But that doesn't mean they should put themselves in that position. Well... ...Okay, if they're blushing right now, that means there are boys they like right now. Why don't they just tell us about it, while we're still here?

"Big Bro..."

No, that's not what I meant.

"N-No... ...I want to focus on my studies for now, so I have to decline his confession..."

"That's it, this is indeed a season of exams for both of you. I think you both need to focus on your studies, and even if you both decide to love a boy, you both might just give a little vague hope, like "Later, until I actually enrolled high school...", though!"

"H-How did you know about that!?"

"I've been doing that too. It's probably the case with everyone."

"Oh..."

Well, in my case, I did have an unrequited love affair when I was in middle school. But still, I was looking forward to my colorful youth with my status as a "high school student". In fact, I've already taken two or three steps back from those days... ...I don't even call the girl I used to love by her nickname anymore. How did it come to this?

Sasaki was embarrassing himself because he had left the Cultural Festival Executive Committee halfway through. It doesn't seem right to say that he did that on orders from the President of the Cultural Festival Executive Committee, but I think it makes sense that he just wanted to get back to playing soccer. Hence, I felt silly that I had slacked off so easily.

"Here's the thing about Sasaki, it seems like he really likes soccer even today. Judging from his personality, he probably shied away from love when he was in middle school, he would probably say "It's too early for me to date!". But things are different now. It's different from when he was in middle school. I think he has started to be more interested in love in his own way now. He's probably wondering, how can he look good in the summer? — How can he make girls start to be interested in him?"

"That kind of thing — Who said that?"

"I just misspoke."

Yuki-chan's dark eyes began to stare at me from the corner of her pouting face. I got scared... ...I could barely turn my face away. Soon after that, I was afraid that her eyes would turn into piano wire and aim for my carotid artery. I felt like I was going to die of a heart attack, bam.

"A handsome boy who starts to get interested in love... ...There's nothing scarier than a handsome boy who starts to get interested in love..."

"Why then? Are you also going to tell me to stay away from Big Bro, Sajou-san?"

"..."

"No, that's not it. You two are big bro and little sis, so if you want to be spoiled by your big bro, it's okay if you act spoiled in front of him."

Don't say "stay away from Big Bro" in front of me so lightly... ...Ichinose-san just now became shocked. That's a taboo word.

That's what I, Sajou-san, said, or did someone else say that to you too? Sasaki-san doesn't seem to know anything about Yuki-chan's brocon mode, so there's a small possibility for her since they both went to the same middle school. Could it be from her parents, or maybe from Sasaki himself?

If I can find similarities between the events experienced by Yuki-chan and Ichinose-san from the way of saying "I want Big Bro to just look at me!". On the other hand, there are differences between the two of them in that Ichinose-san is trying to be independent in order to cover up her true feelings, or Yuki-chan is troubled because she doesn't know how to sort out her feelings. If we compare the two of them in this way, it shows that Ichinose-san is much more mature than Yuki-chan.

"However, I must admit that a big bro doesn't always have to be "next to his little sis", though."

"..."

"I believe that he has been a good big bro to you up until now. He cares about you, Yuki-chan, even if you don't say anything to him, and he spoils you as much as you want. That's why you're so insistent on your relationship with your big bro, isn't it?"

"I-I'm not insistent, though! It's just that he's very kind to me, so it seems that way!"

"That kindness will probably be directed at Sasaki's love interest from now on. He only has one body, and it might be hard for him to be kind to two people at the same time."

So, that's what he wants to do, just like Bear-san-senpai did, even if it means he has to risk his own life to protect his girlfriend and Ichinose-san — his little sis, then that's another story. In this case, Senpai is much more benevolent. That's why he was able to get a cute girlfriend even though he wasn't that handsome. Master, I am responsible for your little sis' safety while at school.

"Big Bro's... ...love interest..."

"That's right. It's an affection that's different from the affection for his sister."

I'm not saying that you shouldn't depend on your big bro. However, instead of waiting for your big bro to spoil you like before, you might not be able to receive kindness from him unless you actively show him that you want to be spoiled by him. Although something painful was happening to Yuki-chan, there was no guarantee that Sasaki wouldn't notice.

"—If that's the case, if I become Big Bro's love interest, then everything will be solved!"

This girl is out of her mind!

TL: Reeze27

ED: Reeze27

PR: Reeze27

Support Us: https://ko-fi.com/ninjacross

Donations are very much appreciated.

Special Thanks to Our One and Only Monthly Supporter: Mr. Ads.

Follow Our Official WhatsApp Channel: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaRa6nHCsU9OAB0U370F

Read in other languages:

Indonesian / Bahasa Indonesia

←Previous             Table of Contents             Next→

Post a Comment

Don't spam here!

Previous Post Next Post