Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha [WN] - Part 9 Chapter 201

Chapter 201
I Could't Just Let Him Go Alone Like That, Part 1

It has been six months since we students started enrolling at Kōetsu High School. The subject matter has started to become more difficult as there are more applications of the first term's material. Just painstakingly copying from the blackboard into a notebook is still not enough to make you understand the content. You need to concentrate more than before.

—However, I was so distracted by the presence of the person sitting in front of me that I couldn't help but think about it.

A male student who suffered a serious injury to his left hand and had to rest completely — Wataru. The thick bandage was not excessive, as he was punctured by a tool.

However, the injured boy was using his left hand as a cheek brace, shouting and trying to participate in PE lessons despite the possibility that it would aggravate his injury. I wondered if he wanted to recover. Thanks to this, I, who was sitting in the seat behind him, naturally felt scared in case Wataru's left hand bumped somewhere every time he moved.

"─Ouch..."

"...!"

Wataru scratched his cheeks with his left hand and groaned softly. My awareness drifted to his voice and my gaze fell on Wataru's left hand. It seemed that it didn't hurt. I saw his figure who was looking at his left hand while frowning uncomfortably.

Wataru noticed my gaze. It seems that I also have the same frown. He gave me a warm nod, along with a deceptive smile. I could see that my face was very irritated when I saw him because he was very pitying. Wataru hurriedly turned his face forward, making me unable to see him. I glared at the back of his head.

It had been a few days since Wataru's scream - commonly known as the 'cheek scratching incident' in the classroom. At first, I was worried about him and rushed over to him, but Wataru never learned from his experience and he repeatedly used his injured left hand violently and gasped in pain. The number had already exceeded tenfold. It seemed like if he just shut up and rested, the anesthetic would work and it would only feel like being bitten by an ant, but why couldn't he do that, though?

Even now, he was still using his left hand to scratch the back of his head. He must have felt a tingling sensation. He panicked and hurriedly withdrew his hand. It's not that hard to avoid using your left hand if you're a little more aware.

I've told Wataru about this thought many times. I can't deny that my tone is indeed that of a lecturer. I think I've expressed the dissatisfaction in my heart. I wonder if that wasn't necessary... ...I shouldn't be so mad all the time like this...

Maybe it's because it's in my nature to have a little sis, making me think that 'being nice isn't the only way to discipline'. But there's no point in directing the feelings that a toddler should apply to my classmates. No, maybe that's why I feel dissatisfied. If that's the case, I guess I should just leave it at that... ...I think so...

"...Huh...?"

I saw Wataru's shoulders lift slightly as if he realized that I had just sighed.

"It's been decided that the boys will play soccer and the girls will play volleyball since it's a team match that we'll play during the Sports Festival, and we'll divide the teams fairly with a ratio of members from the entire class."

"That's why I'm the representative for the girls of Class 1-C... and my name is Ashida Kei!"

"You don't need to introduce your name, everyone already knows who you are."

Oh, along with a small cheer, there was a loud applause. I directed the same applause at Sasaki-kun and Kei, who were standing in front of the blackboard, in front of the class.

Normally, this was a time for self-study, but for the time being, it seemed that we would be deciding and discussing matters related to the Sports Festival. Since the main event was approaching, we would also be practicing for the games. The match for the girls is a volleyball match. And speaking of volleyball, in Class 1-C, Kei will be the team leader during the Sports Festival.

"By the way, since I have already been a member of the Cultural Festival Executive Committee, I will only be in charge of organizing the soccer match. The committee member in this class is Matsuda."

"Even though you can also do it again, you know, Sasaki."

"No, oh, it's too difficult, I swear."

"I'm also just going to be the team leader of the volleyball match! And the committee member is Kogashi*!"

(TL Note: You know, the way Kei calls people's names is weird, the character's real name is Koga Arisa.)

"Don't call me like a place name like that, oh. Alright then, it's okay."

When you are appointed as a committee member, and you are on the management side, like when I was at the Cultural Festival last time, you will be tied up with a lot of time and you can't be in charge of the class. Perhaps this is the background of the division of roles in committee members. Even so, I felt that Sasaki-kun was a bit too busy during the Cultural Festival last time. Sasaki-kun is the only active member of the Soccer Club in this class, so maybe it's unavoidable, but since he's now dating Saitou-san, maybe he values the time they spend together.

The Sports Festival Executive Committee member among the girls is Koga-san. His brown hair, dark skin, and worn school uniform made her look less serious. I'm sorry, but she's the kind of person I don't want Airi to meet her. I've heard stories that she's less than happy to foster relationships between her and the opposite sex. It's not a rumor or anything like that, but she said it out loud.

Despite my misgivings, Kei told me, "Kogashi will do what she does with the way she speaks. Both here and there." in a rather strange way. Since Koga-san also entered this high school, which is considered a preparatory high school, it means she has the seriousness to fulfill her role. Whatever her sexual awareness was, she must have felt like their big sister in a situation like this Sports Festival event. This is a strange thing.

And speaking of Wataru, who had worked very hard during the Cultural Festival, he sat sideways in his seat and looked at the two people standing in front of the blackboard with lazy eyes. A little more... ...cooler like at the Cultural Festival last time.

"─That's why, I want to immediately divide your positions in each competition."

"This is the most important thing, here! Aichi is the decider!"

"Eh, eh, what...!?"

"Since it's so important, we should talk about it and decide."

I was surprised when my name was suddenly called. Kei's face showed an expression like "My prank worked, hehe!". It seemed like she just wanted to startle me. Wataru's thinly veiled smile (tsukkomi) in response to Kei's mischief produced a quiet laugh from me.

The discussion began for each sport, which was roughly divided into boys' and girls' teams. In a volleyball game, the girls' team must first be divided into two teams. The positions will be determined after that.

"It's easier to work together when you team up with people who are close to you, and that leads to better team performance, but I think there are differences in athletic ability as well, so I'll split them up for balance."

The conversation continued with Kei at the center. In addition to bringing all the girls together, I couldn't help but notice the gap between Kei's usual appearance and her cool appearance in uniform, not training uniform or sports uniform. I guess this is how she looks during her club activities.

People who are close to each other..., for example, Shirai-san, Okamoto-san, and Saitou-san, or some such combination... ...The three of them are also good friends with Ichinose-san and Class Rep Iihoshi-san. It's true, that if we strengthen the team members with them, they will only be students with cultural backgrounds. That would create an ability gap with the other teams. This is where Kei and Iihoshi-san, who were watching the class closely, came in.

In addition to the conversation starting on the girls' side, the conversation also started on the boys' side.

"In the men's soccer game, basically all the players are on the pitch, with additional members taking turns each turn. So I hope we can decide on the right position here. First of all, who here doesn't know the basic rules of soccer?"

"..."

"Eh, there's no one, huh? Do you guys know at least a little bit about soccer?"

"Yeah, I also used to play when I was in middle school."

"I used to play PES."

"For me, I've played in the World Cup."

"We have a professional in this team, then..."

The boys' team's conversations have a different atmosphere from the girls' team's conversations. They seem to know a lot about sports because they're boys. They are much quicker to talk about these things than girls.

"Well, regarding the positions, ...okay, for now, Sajou will be the backup for the time being."

"I'm so sorry, okay!"

"'Which position would be best for him, huh? Honestly, I've never thought of playing an injured player, so I'd like to hear directly from him what position he wants."

"Yeah, that's right, ...then it looks like he won't be playing much..."

As expected of Sasaki-kun. He seemed to be considering Wataru's injury. Perhaps he was also afraid of putting him in the wrong position.

However, no matter how long the Sports Festival is, it's still in sight, I don't want Wataru to play ball excessively. Even if the injury heals later and is better than it is now, sudden stimulation could open up the wound. We need a place where we can use more space and where there's less conflict between the players...

"...I want to be a goalkeeper."

"Seriously!"

(TL Note: What's wrong with this MC, huh, your left hand is hurting and you want to be a goalkeeper?)

I interrupted. Some of my friends' shocked faces turned to me. You don't think that was intentional, do you...?

"N-Natsukawa...?"

"Why did you choose a position that requires you to use your hands, though!?"

"No, no, you know, there are other positions that require the use of hands, like when throwing in."

"That's not what I'm talking about!"

"U-Ugh."

Indeed, the goalkeeper might not get much action depending on how the game is going, and I get the impression that unwell kids tend to be in that position, but I think it depends on the nature of the condition. At least being the goalkeeper isn't a position that someone with a hand injury should take. For example, when Wataru played a goalkeeper, the sight of the opposing team's shots flying past him would come to mind. Then, forgetting about his injury, Wataru stretches his left arm and tries to play the ball...

Walking forward. I sighed for the umpteenth time at this lack of sense of danger from Wataru.

TL Note: This is the first chapter of Part Nine / Volume 9 of the Web Novel version. Don't spoil it to LN-Only readers, please respect their decision.

TL: Reeze27

ED: Reeze27

PR: Reeze27

If you like our work, please consider supporting us on Ko-fi. 🙏

Support Us: https://ko-fi.com/ninjacross

Donations are very much appreciated.

Special Thanks to Our Current Monthly Supporter: Mr. Ads.

Follow Our Official WhatsApp Channel: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaRa6nHCsU9OAB0U370F

Read in other languages:

• Indonesian / Bahasa Indonesia

←Previous             Table of Contents             Next→

Post a Comment

Don't spam here!

Previous Post Next Post