Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha [WN] - Chapter 176

Chapter 176
My Classmates Saw It

My first day as a member of the Cultural Festival Executive Committee has come to an end.

Although it was the first day, it felt like my duties during the Cultural Festival were almost complete. Although I was in charge of the patrols on the first day, Sasaki-kun would be in charge of the patrols tomorrow, on the second day. You could say that on the second day of the Cultural Festival, I was pretty free, except for the closing ceremony. The fact that I was able to get this kind of time off was probably due to the efforts of the senpai-s in the Cultural Festival Executive Committee as well as the help from the Student Council and Wataru.

"Um, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Oh, Natsukawa-san! It's almost done, so it's fine!"

"I see..."

I took off my armband as a member of the Cultural Festival Executive Committee and went back to being a member of Class 1-C. I offered to help out with the riddle competition organized by my class since I hadn't been involved in it much, but it seemed that they had already finished cleaning up for the first day.

As I looked around, I found the back of someone familiar. When I met him before, he was still wearing a dog cosplay costume (*he told me it was an animal costume), but now he was wearing a normal school uniform. I walked up to him and called out to him from behind.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, Natsukawa — Whoa."

"Oh—."

When Wataru turned around and looked at me, he raised his back. Seeing his reaction, I realized for the first time that I had gotten too close to Wataru.

I panicked and took a hasty step back. My face felt hot, but I immediately fanned my face with my hands to the point that it was clearly visible. I hoped my face wouldn't turn red, and I slowly lowered my gaze so that I wouldn't make eye contact with him.

"That's — I'm sorry..."

"Oh, no, it's nothing, though..."

Although the atmosphere became a bit awkward, but right now it seemed like a "normal occurrence". I feel that my relationship with Wataru has indeed changed a lot. For some reason, I felt that I didn't need to be afraid of this kind of thing, and there was also a positive feeling that came over me.

When I had regained my composure and made eye contact with him as if I was asking him the question I had asked him earlier again, Wataru rubbed the back of his head as if he was disturbed, and he said with a somewhat shy look on his face.

"—I just kicked Sasaki..."

"What are you doing!?"

Eh, I thought, and when I peeked behind Wataru, I found that there was Sasaki-kun wearing a dog costume, just like the one Wataru was wearing when I met him during lunch break. He looked exhausted and was sitting on a seat against the wall while stretching his legs. The way he stared at the floor with empty and hollow eyes seemed to ruin his handsome face.

"Hey, get up, you b*stard."

"W-Wait a minute! That's no good!"

Wataru attacked Sasaki's toes rhythmically with his feet. Although he kicked Sasaki-kun, it didn't seem to cause any pain to him, but it still didn't change the fact that it was a terrible thing. I naturally pulled Wataru's arm to stop him, because the way he treated the exhausted Sasaki-kun was very rough.

"Huh, I think I'll just leave it at this..."

"Gosh... ....Sasaki-kun, why is he being like this to you? Have you been..."

"No, no, it's always been like this since the beginning. That's why I've been working hard like this. That's how it is."

"Don't lie!"

If I listen again from what I heard from their story, it seems that Sasaki-kun felt more and more annoyed caused by the presence of his little sis. I think Wataru was also bothered by Sasaki-kun's little sis, and he took out his frustration on her big bro, Sasaki-kun. They didn't make any effort at all for that....

"Where is his little sis right now...?"

"I don't know. I think Sasaki might have sent her home, but I'm trying not to think too much about it."

"Eh...?"

Wataru suddenly said so with a flat face. His expression did show a word that had a somewhat implied meaning.

While I was thinking that, for some reason, a chill ran down my spine. I felt like I sensed a strong gaze from somewhere far outside the window. I checked around, but no one seemed to notice me. Is it just my imagination...?

"Um... ...what are you going to do about this? Sasaki-kun?"

"Let's call the Health Center."

"Ouch!"

Wataru immediately starts joking when we're talking about Sasaki-kun or Yamazaki-kun. Even though Sasaki-kun was wearing a real dog costume, it was too much for him to suddenly be handled by the Health Center. I thought he might be joking, but I nudged him with my elbow.

"—Um, I'll take care of him."

"Eh?"

Just then, a voice called out from behind me.

"Are you being serious?"

Just then, a voice called out from behind me.

I looked back in surprise at the unexpected appearance of a prospective foster parent. Saitou-san looked at me with a frightened expression. She might have just finished the Tea Ceremony Club event, or maybe she was carrying a bag with some kind of costume on her shoulder. I don't know why, but strangely he seemed to be looking straight at me. But I didn't feel goosebumps like before.

"...I see."

"Eh?"

Wataru muttered in a small voice. He seemed to understand something, while I didn't understand anything. Why is Saitou-san the first to come forward? I wonder if this has something to do with Sasaki-kun.

I think Sasaki-kun also has something to do with Wataru too. Unbeknownst to him, Wataru was talking to a girl he'd never talked to before who somehow became Wataru's acquaintance before he knew her...

"Um... ...Why are you looking at me with your eyes half open like that...?"

"It's nothing, though..."

I guess he was having fun after going around the Cultural Festival with Ichinose-san and the middle school girls today, while I was on duty as a member of the Cultural Festival Executive Committee. I may have looked at Wataru with a bit of hatred, but that doesn't mean I don't like it, okay.

"Um..."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Saitou-san. This Sasaki boy. Don't forget to take him for a walk twice a day and feed him in the morning and evening."

"Sasaki-kun is not a dog."

"Eh... ...are you being serious...?"

"You're just being rude, aren't you? — Eh, W-Wait a minute..."

While we were talking, I felt a hand suddenly placed on my back. My heart was racing. I froze before I could stare at Wataru in surprise. All I could do was move my mouth to convey my anxiety.

"Just let them..."

He said so in a whisper, then pushed my back and we both passed Saitou-san. As he led me into the corridor, his hand that was on my back, had already left my back. At the same time, my body that had been pushed became free.

"G-Gosh..."

It's not that I don't like that, but my body stiffens when someone touches me suddenly like that. I felt nervous, so please don't do that to me suddenly again. I felt like getting angry at him, but for some reason I couldn't think of the right words to say.

"I was just reading the atmosphere. I'm sorry."

"You said you were just reading the atmosphere... ...Eh?"

Is that what you mean by this?

I couldn't help but lean forward and ask him a question. Is this my nature as a high school girl? Or, is it because I'm suddenly getting more interested in other people's love lives? As I made eye contact with him to get more information, Wataru looked like he was feeling sorry and rubbed the back of his head like before. I don't think he wanted to talk.

I peeked into the classroom to witness what was happening because I was already curious, but I found that Sasaki-kun had already revived and looked confused in front of Saitou-san.

"—The eyes of a very handsome boy."

"Wait a minute!"

I don't think those were the right words to say in that sweet and sour room. For me, just watching them from the outside made me want to routing for them. But still, I couldn't understand why Wataru seemed so dissatisfied.

First of all. What does Wataru think when he hears someone say words like that? He looked at Sasaki-kun with an envious look, but I heard that Wataru spent this whole day going around with three girls, including Sasaki-kun's little sis. This is something that the boys around him would envy. Or rather, wasn't the ratio of boys : girls in their group a bit strange?

The more I thought about it, the more I started to worry and wonder. I wonder what kind of half-day Wataru spent surrounded by three girls. I'd love to hear his opinion.

"Hey—"

"Aichi, let's get married."

"Eh...!?"

I was surprised by the sudden proposal and hug. I looked in the direction of the warm touch, and before I knew it, Kei was already hugging my waist and caressing my cheek. I could smell the fragrant citrus scent from her hair. She must have just taken a shower after finishing her Volleyball Club activities.

"Hmm~"

"W-Wait a minute...!"

Kei has always been in spoiled mode ever since she found out that I have a little sis. What's more, I think today she's probably feeling very tired and doesn't seem to want to leave me. When she starts saying things that I can't understand, it's a sign that she's getting out of control.

"Hey, Ashida, you—"

"Shut up."

"..."

Wataru seemed unable to utter a single word, let alone ask her.


Our Homeroom Teacher, Ootsuki-sensei, came into our classroom and started chatting animatedly with a group of female students. Apparently there was no homeroom session and the class was freely disbanded before we realized it.

"Kei, let's go home?"

"Let's go home..."

Kei would have had fun with everyone if only she still had some energy left, but today she seemed to have fallen asleep. I tried to wake her up by exposing her to the slightly cold air in the windowless corridor, but it didn't seem to affect her too much.

"...?"

"Hmm~...?"

Just as I was about to stand up and pull Kei's hand, I heard a loud voice coming from the doorway of the corridor. I think someone was approaching us. Behind the transparent glass door, I caught a glimpse of his face.

"Sasaki-kun...?"

"Eh? Sasakichi?"

"...Didn't you call him differently before?"

While I was wondering what nickname Kei had called Sasaki-kun before, the entrance opened. As I watched, Sasaki-kun seemed to be pulling someone's arm. As far as I could see, the person whose arm was pulled didn't seem too interested in following Sasaki-kun. I wonder if it might be Saitou-san? I thought so, but soon realized that I was wrong.

"Eh, isn't that Sajocchi?"

"Yeah..."

Wataru moved forward as if being pulled by Sasaki-kun. The look on his face looked very troubled. I wonder what exactly happened to them.

'Please help me, Sajou — you're the only one I've got!!!'

"!?"

"!?"

Eh?

TL: Reeze27

ED: Reeze27

PR: Reeze27

Support Us: https://ko-fi.com/ninjacross

Donations are very much appreciated.

Special Thanks to Our One and Only Monthly Supporter: Mr. Ads.

Follow Our Official WhatsApp Channel: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaRa6nHCsU9OAB0U370F

Read in other languages: 

Indonesian / Bahasa Indonesia

←Previous            Table of Contents             Next→ 

Post a Comment

Don't spam here!

Previous Post Next Post