Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha [WN] - Chapter 191

Chapter 191
Beyond Regret

My left hand has been treated. It has been cleaned ointment has been applied, and a plaster with some kind of transparent plastic wrap has been put on it.

The diagnosis is that my left hand is not penetrated and is held in the center by the tissue at the back of the hand. A detailed examination also showed that none of my nerves were damaged, fortunately, the trigger was scissors and not a cutter. Depending on the affected part, there might not be any side effects from this injury.

I explained to the doctor at the hospital that I was placing my hand on the floor and noticed the scissors pointing upwards towards my hand. I considered giving the same explanation if the school asked me.

"Oh, um..."

"..."

Beside me, who was lying on a bed in a room that looked like a private ward in a hospital, and having an infusion to relieve the pain, Young Lady was sitting on a round chair making concerned sounds. Her eyes looked even wetter than when she accompanied me in the car that brought me here.

Her words did not continue. There was no particular conversation from the beginning until now.

It's not that I'm ignoring her. I was just confused about how I should treat her. Considering the cause of the wound on my left hand, it was not the Young Lady's fault to complain about at the moment. However, logic and emotions are two different things. My emotions did not try to throw harsh words at her. There was also a feeling of gratitude from me that she had managed to take me to the hospital secretly.

Come to think of it, I decided to postpone it.

"Thank you... ...for your help. Not only did you make me inconspicuous, but you even paid for my medical expenses..."

"No, you don't have to worry about it."

When I thanked the old man who seemed to be the butler standing behind the Young Lady, he replied in a polite tone. Is this really what is generally known as "the old man"? In real life, and in this day and age, there are also people like this, huh? It was unfortunate that he was dressed like a guard, not like a butler in a typical story. His car also looks more like a taxi, not a luxury car like a Merc*des-Benz. I actually kind of expected more...

"...Mr. Sajou."

"Eh, yeah?"

Mr. Sajou... ...I had never been called like that before, so I felt impressed. As I answered with trepidation, the old man looked at me with a strange expression.

"I appreciate your concern for the Young Lady in your explanation to the doctor earlier..."

"Oh, um,..."

"Oh, eh...?"

There was no one accompanying me while I was in the treatment process, in that place, there was only me and the hospital doctor. I also explained the circumstances that led to my injury there and got to that old man later. Even so, I was taken aback by the words of concern. As I looked at the Young Lady, she lowered her head probably to avoid meeting my gaze.

Did she have something to talk to me about?

Why would she do that? I thought so, but on second thought, I agreed. If the injury was really caused by my hand on the floor accidentally getting hit by the scissors, it would be very strange if someone else paid for the treatment. Was that the reason for this humble follow-up?

"Again, I know that I've asked for something impertinent, but please keep this matter confidential from others, okay...?"

I was annoyed by the attitude of a person several years older than me, who bowed his head and pleaded in such lofty words. This wasn't something a first-year high school student should go through. I wonder if they thought that I would post a photo on my social media accounts and say "I have something stuck in my hand". Come to think of it, wouldn't that be too exaggerated?

"It's okay, though..."

I'll take this as far as I can to my grave, even if you don't ask me to. I don't know how this is for the Young Lady, but for me it's a dark history. I did this myself, this is it... ...After a few hours, this is how I felt, I didn't even feel that it was something I could laugh about when I grew up.

The only thing that stressed me out was how I was going to handle my left hand, which openly claimed to be "injured!", but at that time I was just speechless.

It's been about an hour since I arrived at the hospital. I guess it was time for the students at my school to finish their club activities and go home. The reception desk had also closed when I was brought to the hospital, and there were hardly any people going in and out of the hospital. Since I've been helping out with the Cultural Festival Executive Committee, I feel that the number of me going straight home has decreased. It's hard to believe that I'm a member of the Go-Home Club.

"Medicine... ...I think I should keep them."

"Oh, yeah..."

The extremely distressed Young Lady extended her right hand.

I handed her the bag containing the prescribed medicines. The Young Lady unzipped my bag and carefully put the medicine bag into the side of my bag. Because I was weak, I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable, letting my luggage be carried by the Young Lady, who had become strangely quiet.

Just as I was choosing the words in my head, the old man walking in front of me turned towards me.

"Mr. Sajou. Let me take you home."

"Oh—..."

"No need."

"Eh?"

Just as I was trying to take advantage of those words and accept them, a high-pressure voice suddenly interrupted my voice that wanted to accept the old man's offer. Surprised by the rejection, I turned my head toward the source of the voice and found Big Sis standing with her arms crossed.

Just as I was unable to accept this situation, I realized that there were other people behind Big Sis. Firstly, there was Yuuki-senpai, and secondly, there was the gyaru senpai I met in the infirmary earlier. If I'm not mistaken, her name is... ...Onitsuka-senpai. Smiling, she waved her hand at me. What made her smile?

"Tamao, please hold my bag for a moment."

"Okay!"

Wow, those eyes are dangerous.

Naturally, I thought so, and not long after, Big Sis grabbed the old man's shoulders, who backed away and walked toward me. As I saw Big Sis' right elbow in the air, I reflexively held my left hand in front of Young Lady's face.

"..."

"Stop it."

Perhaps the previous guard was successful, Big Sis' fist stopped just as she was about to lift it. Had it been swung, even the person who released it wouldn't have been able to stop it midway. I would have ended up hospitalized again.

The old man behind me was probably trying to stop Big Sis, and he was trying to reach her with both hands and had a dull expression on his face. It's not cool to make an elderly person feel that his life expectancy is getting shorter.

"...!"

Looking at my bandage-wrapped left hand, Big Sis, making a very distorted expression and lowering her face to the point that I could hardly believe she was the Student Council Vice-President, put her fist down as if she disliked it and glared at the old man behind me with teary eyes.

"I think I've warned you before... ...that a brat who wastes his power won't be a good thing. So, even an old man who has lived for many years can't do anything about it."

"That... ...as an old man, I expected Young Lady to be able to handle her own problems and..."

"And this is how it turned out."

"Mmm..."

The old man groaned and covered his mouth in response to Big Sis' accusatory words. They had known each other before. As I expected, Big Sis wouldn't suddenly behave like that towards someone she had just met for the first time and who was many times older than her. But she was acting like a mad dog too much. I couldn't just stand by and watch.

"Well, how did you guys know I was in this place?"

Just as I threw out a few words to change the subject so that this situation wouldn't turn into a big case, Yuuki-senpai stepped forward as if to take advantage of the situation.

"It's been about an hour since I asked you to go to the Student Council Office. But you didn't come back, and no one came to the Student Council Office to meet you. I got curious and headed to the Student Council Office, where I found that there were things scattered around and traces of blood as if something had happened. Upon investigation, it turned out that the person who called was a school staff member who was only suggested by Marika. While I was trying to figure out where you were, Onitsuka, who was covered in blood, came to Kaede. She said that you were brought to this hospital."

"Kaede was upset."

"O-Oh..."

The Student Council Office, which was still in that state... ...must have looked like a crime scene. I can imagine the faces of all the Student Council Officials at that moment.

"Kai already checked the CCTV cameras in that room, he told me what happened there. You don't need to explain it anymore."

"Oh..."

"We'll take him home."

"B-But... ...we need to explain that to your parents."

"That's not necessary. You don't have to do anything. In exchange, don't come near me (and my little bro) anymore."

"..."

I reached out my hand without any memory to stop Big Sis, but not a single word came out of het mouth. If this was just her anger, I guess it would be fine, but I couldn't be careless in a situation where there seemed to be a background that I didn't know about. The reason being, if this was indeed the result of repeated warnings, then it was only right for her to be angry at them.

"Marika."

While I was confused, Yuuki-senpai called out to the Young Lady.

"I've said before, that I won't be bound by what the family decides. I've avoided direct words, but that also includes my relationship with you."

"Oh..."

"As the family heir, I understand my position. Hence, I told the Shinonome Family that I would not make a mistake even though I have no blood ties. There shouldn't be any relationship that can only be linked to such ancient things."

"I-I'm just...!"

"I won't say anything else right now. But I will tell you what I think in the future."

"...Eh...?"

The engagement promise was made by their parents without her permission. According to the Young Lady, it was a responsibility that must be fulfilled, whereas according to Yuuki-senpai, it was nothing more than shackles that bound him. If you're asking who makes more sense here, well, it's Yuuki-senpai. Normally, girls would refuse if their parents chose their future spouse. But since he's so handsome... ...she would admire him.

"...That's all."

Yuuki-senpai quickly left her after saying that. That was not good at all. But perhaps this is the right answer. I know that one pitiful monster who was rejected and approached again and again after giving up hope. I don't know why, but I feel like I'll cry before the Young Lady does.

"Let's go."

"O-Oh..."

Big Sis indicated our destination with het chin. Apparently, Yuuki-senpai's words had calmed her down, and she had regained her composure. I think it will be difficult to get out of this situation, so I guess I'll just go along with what she wants.

"...Oh."

My bag, the Young Lady is still holding it. Gosh... was I too stubborn? Did I do something wrong?

"Young Lady... ... that's."

"I-I'm not crying, though...!"

"Eh?"

"I'm not crying..."

The face of the Young Lady, who was lying face down while tightly hugging my bag that had a bit of content in it, was hidden by her long blonde hair, so I couldn't see her face. What showed me easily was what state the Young Lady was currently in, with her trembling voice. The words that were spun in a desperate bluff were a responsibility that I had to fulfill.

"...Tears, they do not suit you."

The Young Lady probably wanted to end her life, she was living helplessly in the present, standing right in front of me. If this is a turning point for her to rise again, I can't block that path with my cheap words just now.

My bag left the Young Lady's hand easily.

The Young Lady must be putting on an ugly face right now, as she was trying to hold back her feelings, and was unable to accept her sadness. Unlike the tears that had cooled with resignation, these tears were filled with passion yet heat. I don't want to think of it as something meaningless. Because unfulfilled goals lead to regret, just like heartbreak, and regret should polish a person.

The Young Lady you meet sometimes will probably be much more beautiful than she is now.

TL: Reeze27

ED: Reeze27

PR: Reeze27

If you like our work, please consider supporting us on Ko-fi. 🙏

Support Us: https://ko-fi.com/ninjacross

Donations are very much appreciated.

Special Thanks to Our Current Monthly Supporter: Mr. Ads.

Follow Our Official WhatsApp Channel: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaRa6nHCsU9OAB0U370F

Read in other languages:

Indonesian / Bahasa Indonesia 

←Previous           Table of Contents               Next→

Post a Comment

Don't spam here!

Previous Post Next Post