Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha [WN] - Chapter 160

Chapter 160
Instead

Ichinose-san is indeed still timid. However, come to think of it, I guess buying furniture in a store is just too difficult for me. I don't know for sure what's right and what's wrong, and I tend to find myself pulling out my wallet according to what the store clerk recommends. First of all, as a high school student, I couldn't afford such an expensive and large item.

If I were an avid reader of Ichinose-san's level, I would most likely buy a large bookshelf. Even if Ichinose-san could afford it herself, she would probably have a hard time bringing it home. She would probably have to deal with shipping procedures and such, and it would require a lot of interaction with the clerk, if that were the case, the level of difficulty would probably be much higher than interacting with the clerk at a clothing store.

"Alright. Let's go together later, shall we? This Saturday or Sunday — I can't seem to make it, so... ...Instead, is it okay if we go on holiday after the Cultural Festival?"

"A-Are you okay with that...?"

"Of course, I don't mind, let's go. This will be our first date, don't you think?"

"Eh...? ...Y-Yeah..."

When I said that and glanced at her, Ichinose-san blushed and lowered her head. I'm sure that she didn't mean to ask me out, but from an outsider's point of view, that's what it means for a boy and a girl to go out together. Fuhihi, I feel so embarrassed, I feel so embarrassed...!

"Wait a minute! If we leave it at that, and just keep quiet, the two of them will start making out! If that's the case, the two of us will join you guys!"

"K-Kei...!?"

Oh... ...Wait a minute. Did I just say something about me going on a date with Ichinose-san in front of Natsukawa? Ugh... ...What did I say in front of someone I once liked and still admire? Moreover, since I've already confessed my feelings to Natsukawa, isn't that a bit much?

Eh? Wait, you two are going to participate too, eh...?

"It'll be a double date!"

"Eh...? ...Huh? A double date?"

"This is the age of diversity! I think it's time for deviant pairs like Aichi and me to be recognized too!"

"Wait a minute!"

"Wait a minute, girl!"

Who do you call a deviant couple, girl...? ...I don't remember the Sajou Clan ever admitting such a thing. If you want to call yourself Natsukawa's deviant girl ehm partner, you have to defeat the entire Sajou Clan in this country. We can't entrust Natsukawa to someone who can't even do that. We, the Sajou Clan, are very strong, you know? Let alone Big Sis.

"S-Since when did Kei and I become a pair!?"

"Eh... ...Aichi, you don't like that idea...?"

"Kei, look ahead...? Kei... ...look ahead...?"

"Hey! It's not fair to stimulate Natsukawa's big sis' side! I was about to do it too!"

"Wait, you're disgusting. Besides, you're not looking at me. You look like you're eyeing the underwear laundry on the balcony."

"Who's the underwear thief?"

After all, this is my trademark as a little bro. How could I stare at her? I'm not sure if the know-it-all attitude that I instilled into my soul as the youngest child didn't work at all...!

...When I was little, every time I looked at Big Sis, I thought she'd swipe her index finger across my forehead (swat)... ...Eh, wait, am I sure about that? Is the way I look a bit creepy?

"...Don't let this conversation continue with your own story. You know that Ichinose-san is not good at accepting fuss, Ashida."

"Hey, so you're saying that to me now. Or rather, isn't it strange that you're just saying that to me?"

"I'm just saying that to you because you're someone who makes out with Natsukawa everywhere."

Come on, tell us what you're thinking!

"Wh-What do you mean by make out...?"

Natsukawa blushed and mumbled while staring at the tamagoyaki she picked up with her chopsticks. Well, she must be thinking of something, right? I wonder if Natsukawa can tell us about her interpretation. But, other than that, I want to be that tamagoyaki. No, I want to be those chopsticks.

"What do you think, Ichinose-san? Do you mind if we go with more people? Eh, Ichinose-san?"

"...Dat-e... ...Dat-e..."

"Eh?"

As I looked at Ichinose-san, her face turned even redder than Natsukawa's and she lowered her head. Her little ears, which I could see through the gaps in her hair, were also bright red. I guess that I was a bit naive if I said those words at first, but that much influence? They were supposed to come out of a pretty girl's mouth and be directed at me, but it was me who did it, you know? Heck, because of Ashida, she changed my entire image in me into a womanizer.

I mean, if it was directed at me, I would feel excited to be asked out by someone of the opposite sex, not necessarily Natsukawa. I wonder if she didn't think anything of it at the time. Or did she simply not realize that I was the opposite sex? Oh, maybe Ichinose-san usually goes out with her big bro so she doesn't feel like that? ....Right?

"Eh, by the way, have you consulted about this with your big bro?"

"Eh... ...Th-That's..."

When I asked her, Ichinose-san looked uncomfortable and awkward.

Ichinose-san's big bro was the Disciplinary Committee member with the darkest skin of all time. He was also known as Bear-san-senpai among the public. Regardless of the various things that happened during the summer vacation, Ichinose-san would have had feelings with Senpai. She will always be her big bro's favorite little sis and I'm sure Senpai already knows more about Ichinose-san's part-time job than I do. If she were to go out alone with me, it would probably be much better for Ichinose-san mentally, then.

"...Of course, and I'm sure Yuri-san will come with us too..."

"O-Oh—..."

I think I understood a lot more from what she just said.

Ichinose-san already told her big bro that she would continue to work part-time so that she could be independent. She must have won by convincing Bear-san-senpai to do so, but that doesn't mean she has lost her affection for her big bro. From Ichinose-san's point of view, Yuri-chan-senpai was still "a girl who had taken away my beloved big bro". I guess the two of them have been close ever since.

On the other hand, Yuri-chan-senpai seems to want to be friends with Bear-san-senpai's little sis. It was the same thing as when we met before. She wanted to get the attention of Ichinose-san.

"Eh, Ichinose-chan, you have a big bro...? Oh—!"

"Oh..."

"That's enough. Stop making faces as if you already know the answer. Please stop."

I said a bit louder to emphasize, and they both opened their mouths as if to say, "Whose fault do you think this is?". Stop it, you two, don't open your mouths so much. You're making faces like you want to kiss me, or I'm going to come at you like crazy.

"Y-You see... ...I was thinking of buying a mini sofa too, what do you think...?"

"Ugh..."

Ichinose-san, an avid book reader even in her house, used to sit on Bear-san-senpai's legs and she read books with her big bro's bulging belly as her backrest. Imagining the fact that Ichinose-san is looking for a mini sofa right now means that, if I were to look at it from Bear-san-senpai's point of view, I would start crying. Being away from her little sis, huh... ...Even though I don't have a little sis myself, I wonder why I understand how she feels so well, huh? Could it be because I made too many little sis characters in the galge game I borrowed from Yamazaki...?

"It seems like it would be hard to find a sofa that's as soft and comfortable as Senpai's bulging belly..."

"Ugh..."

How comfortable is Senpai's bulging belly, though... ...Ichinose-san looked very sad. Even if it's just once, I'm going to lean my back against Senpai's bulging belly... ...No, no, I can't...! I'm sure Bear-san-senpai must be resting his head on Yuri-chan-senpai's thigh right now...! That's too much! That's unforgivable! Oh, I'm so jealous of you guys!

"Yeah, he's also in his third year of high school, so I'll be meaning to come see you one day. Do you not mind? Do you want to use my belly instead?"

"W-Wouldn't you mind...?"

"Yeah, of course, I don't mind at all, though. —Heh...?"

I said so in a joking tone and I was about to ask her if she wanted to stop by the convenience store with me. I was about to make a joke like that naturally, and she replied to me and cut off my conversation faster than I expected, so I ended up just saying okay. Eh? That's different, isn't it? Am I allowed to say okay in this case? I'm allowed to put Ichinose-san on my lap...? ...Eh? Is this morally okay?

"Then..."

"Eh?"

Just as I was wondering what was going on, Ichinose-san put her lunchbox aside and slowly placed her tiny hands on my thighs. Oh, seriously? Are you seriously going to come to me?

"—W-Wait a minute! What are you doing!?"

"...!?"

I was startled. I turned my head to my left. Natsukawa was standing on the other side of Ichinose-san, who was in the position of putting her ear against my left chest, and she was tapping her right hand against the step and shouting so. She must have said so quite loudly, her left hand clasped tightly in front of her chest.

"I-Ichinose-chan...? Your opponent here is Sajocchi, right?"

"? ...Oh...!"

"Whoa, whoa...!"

Ichinose-san "jumped" from next to me with a voice as if she had realized something. That's when I knew that this was dangerous. Just as I had expected, Ichinose-san, who jumped away from me at the boundary of the stairs, lost her balance and almost fell. My right hand, which I extended earlier, managed to support Ichinose-san's back as she leaned forward.

"It's bad... ...Are you alright, Ichinose-san?"

"...Oh,... ...well... ...I-I'm okay!"

"Eh?"

In the blink of an eye, Ichinose-san managed to straighten herself up to her full height, broke free from my embrace, closed the lid of her lunchbox with lightning speed, which I couldn't even see, then carried all her luggage and ran away from me. Naturally, I reached out my hand and managed to grab her back, but I completely missed the time to call out to her again. Ichinose-san, do you know that you can run that fast too...?

"..."

"..."

"..."

Eh, I'm getting a bit scared. What was that just now?

TL Note: Trivia: This chapter was released in 2020, and it's the first time when the Author tried to promote the release of the Light Novel Volume 3. Even though Volumes 1, 2, and 3 aren't out yet, I think it's a good opportunity for me to promote the Official English of the Light Novel Volume 1, you can purchase it on pre-sale by clicking here:

https://www.monogatari-novels.com/the-dreaming-boy-is-a-realist-vol-1/

You could support the author and the illustrator by purchasing this physical and digital version Official English version of the Light Novel Volumes 1, 2, and 3.

TL: Reeze27

ED: Reeze27

PR: Reeze27

Support Us: https://ko-fi.com/ninjacross

Donations are very much appreciated.

Special Thanks to Our One and Only Monthly Supporter: Mr. Ads.

Follow Our Official WhatsApp Channel: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaRa6nHCsU9OAB0U370F

Read in other languages:

Indonesian / Bahasa Indonesia

←Previous           Table of Contents               Next→

Post a Comment

Don't spam here!

Previous Post Next Post